First two Weeks in March exploring Alaska on ski equipped Supercubs. 6 Pilots / passengers. ACTS Bush and Mountain checkouts accomplished prior to the trip. No previous tailwheel or ski experience required.
- Elements of the Expedition
- Learn to handle Your Cub in Alaskan winter conditions
- Land on Sea Ice and frozen Lakes
- Camp in wilderness cabins under the Northern Lights
- Stalk muskox, seals, caribou and moose (with your camera)
- Meet the mushers and natives
- Shop for native artwork and hand sewn Eskimo clothing
- Hot tub in remote geothermal hot springs
- Search for polar bears and whales on the Chukchi sea
- Explore Alaska in all her winter wonder
Read Brian Phillips article on his 2013 tour with us. "Out in the Great Alone"
|Description||All Inclusive 2 week package covers||Price||Deposit|
|Pilot||Lodging, meals, training, A/C and fuel||$15000||$7500 to book / $7500 by Jan 15th|
|Pilot & partner||Lodging, meals, training, A/C and fuel||$21000||$10000 to book / $10000 by Jan 15th|
|Pilot w/ Your Own Cub||Lodging, meals, and training||$5000||$2500 to book / $2500 by Jan 15th|
Due to the limited slots and enormous popularity of the Iditarod expedition, in October of each year I contact the list of explorers that have expressed interest in next March's Iditarod expedition in chronological order. At that time, they have 2 weeks to deposit $7,500 for the Iditarod or I offer the trip to the next interested party. Even after the trip is full (6), I continue to take $1000 refundable deposits from people who would like to be added to the trip on short notice should there be a cancellation.
50% deposits are refunded only in the case of the death of a Client or ACTS.llc owners prior to the commencement of training. The number of flying days or total hours is weather / client dependent and can be more or less than the 5 year average of 29 hours. Cancellations for other reasons incur a 50% penalty if the slot can not be filled with a last minute client. The remaining 50% percent can be used or transferred for other ACTS training or tours. Nothing is booked until your deposit arrives and you receive a confirmation notice from ACTS.